Sunday, February 3, 2008

Food for Thought

We turn to God when our foundations are shaking, only to learn that it is God who is shaking them.
-Charles C. West

There is no human wreckage, lying in ooze of the deepest sea of iniquity, that God's deep love cannot reach and redeem.
-John Henry Jowett

If you wish to be disappointed, look at others; if you wish to be disheartened, look at yourself; if you wish to be encouraged, look to Jesus.
-Unknown

The Christian's task is to make the Lord Jesus visible, intelligible and desirable.
Len Jones

The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting. It has been found difficult and left untried.
G. K. Chesterton

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wish to be disappointed, look at others; if you wish to be disheartened, look at yourself; if you wish to be encouraged, look to Jesus.
-Unknown

I *love* that. It's SO true!! Looking to myself I see only the weak, selfish flesh that I am bound in, but looking to Him I see the beauty and holiness that He has clothed me in...

Anyway, I linked to your blog from mine, is that okay? I can pull it off if you prefer..

see you Wednesday!
~Joanna
joannarenae.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I don't mind you linking to my blog at all! Thank you! : )

I wish I would see you Wed, but I don't think I'll be back from Jefferson City yet... I have to be at a Senate Hearing that afternoon.

Hopefully next week!

: ) Mary