Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Speechless... We WON?!?!?


I am speechless.

Reality hasn't sunk in yet, and I keep pinching myself, asking, "Did I really get that phone call from our attorney this afternoon?!?!"

My family and friends assure me that I am very much awake. And the presence of 134 new related emails that have appeared in my inbox in that last couple of hours confirms it.

I'm afraid I sounded very unprofessional and giddily happy when reporters were calling me for comments this afternoon. I was so happy that I didn't care what they thought of my crazily ecstatic comments. (Yes, it's always dumb to get so emotional that you don't care what you're saying to the media!)

The Missouri Supreme Court decided the midwifery case in our favor!!

On July 4th, the felony status of Certified Professional Midwives in Missouri will be lifted, and they will be free to practice.

I guess I'll eventually grasp how this will change my life and plans sometime soon... maybe.

For now, Psalm 146 echoes my heart tonight...

Praise ye the LORD. Praise the LORD, O my soul.
While I live, will I praise the LORD:
I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.


Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help.
His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that day his thoughts perish.


Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God: Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is:

Which keepeth truth for ever:

Which executeth judgement for the oppressed:

Which giveth food to the hungry.

The LORD looseth the prisoners.

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind.

The LORD raiseth them that be bowed down.

The LORD loveth the righteous.

The LORD preserveth the strangers.

He relieveth the fatherless and widows:

but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fabulous news!!!!!!!! Wow!!!! Praise Yahweh!!! :)

Missy said...

Mary, that is SO exciting! The name of the Lord is to be praised!! I am rejoicing with you!

Love you,
Missy

Missy said...

...Oh, by the way, do you have any idea how this "happened"? (As far as men are concerned I mean. I know God did it. [smile])Last thing I heard you say, it sounded like there wasn't much hope of it happening in the near future.

SO EXCITING!!

Anonymous said...

Mary, I am so happy for you!! What wonderful news -for everyone! Praise the Lord YHWH! I am so glad He has opened a door for the mothers in Missouri.

Krista

Drebbel said...

Happy Independence Day!

Joy Ringnald said...

This is so neat, Mary! I agree...speechlessness. It's kinda like, 'really? you mean in a few more days lay midwifery will actually be legal in Missouri???' Wow.

Our God is amazing!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD! I will continue to pray for you as I think of you. You are an awesome friend. I started missing you the evening we left your place!
Love in our awesome Lord,
Heather

Anonymous said...

P.S. Ruth has a blog, doesn't she? What is the address?
Heather

Mama to 12, so far said...

Wow that is great news...I am using my first midwife (homebirth) this time around with number 10!!!

I am enjoying your blog, I found it through tammys reciepes...