Saturday, September 24, 2011

Would I Choose God?

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD.... Psalm 27:4

What do I want?

If we could have one thing granted just for today, what would we choose?

Seeing a friend?
An hour to myself?
A happier marriage?
My stress to go away?
More obedient children?
A clean house?
Enough money to pay the bills?
A day off to relax?
The house I've always dreamed of living in?
My head to stop aching?
My schedule to calm down?
One last visit with someone I love?
My dear one's devastating disease to be healed?
The pantry shelves to be organized?

Or would I choose God?
His Presence to overshadow my life and my wants and dreams and hopes and fears and annoyances and needs?



1 comment:

Eνėr-wõrld said...

Dear Mary

I loved this quote:
I drove past places that all haunted me with what could have been.
And I remembered what I almost had, only to have it gone.
Sometimes it takes seeing what you could have to make you realize what you don't have and just how much you want it. Such had been the case in what I had lost.
"

Wishing you bright days like your honest heart.